Egnyte in Life Sciences: Easing the Acquisition Process
“We don’t want files on the devices, which is really hard to do with Dropbox. There is no way to point to a local file server because it’s not managed that way.”
Director of Global Infrastructure • Bio-Techne
- “Data rooms” are created to allow only those permissioned to access folder content. This enables secure file sharing with new companies without the fear of a data breach.
Remote access to large files:
- Employees can access, share, and store any file remotely (videos, CAD files, or any large file), regardless of location and without a VPN.
Security and compliance maintenance:
- Granular file permissions such as read-only and non-shareable settings, content access alerts, and non-inherited permissions provide IT visibility and control over important content.
- GDPR, HIPAA, and FDA compliance is maintained through reports, alerts, and awareness of where data resides while maintaining a record of that data.
The biggest impact Egnyte has had on Bio-Techne is the ability to effectively collaborate across all of our offices. It’s really been a lifesaver with regards to working together as a team and sharing data across the globe.”
- Integrating acquired companies’ infrastructure with savings of thousands of dollars monthly per acquisition.
- Centralizing the storage of files with seamless workflows from integrations with other SaaS platforms, such as Salesforce, Smartsheet, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Removing disparate products and practices used for file sharing.