Nimbus Therapeutics Automates CRO Data Ingestion to Accelerate Deployment to Scientists
The biotech uses Egnyte to slash its reliance on manual processes so its team can produce better data quality and accelerate drug development.
"Egnyte is integral to our ability to automate much of our data management, which has made the often complex process of working with external partners much smoother, more reliable, and more efficient."
Dr. Rebecca Carazza
Head of Information Systems • Nimbus Therapeutics
Challenge: Manual Processes Threaten Major Disruption
- Human error. The team had to validate the data, upload it into the corporate database, reconcile different data formats, and troubleshoot in the event of any issues. Human error at any one of these steps threatened data integrity.
- Inefficiency. To ensure everyone was working on the correct file version, the team had to create an entirely new file or manually update and rename an existing one each time a document was modified.
- Lack of visibility and accountability. File update notifications were sent through email, which could easily get lost in crowded inboxes and provided no visibility to the broader team. Recipients also had to keep constant tabs on their inboxes so they could respond in a timely fashion. Without tracking issues, root cause analysis was nearly impossible.
- Delays. Stakeholders were dispersed across time zones, which often slowed the process. Content sat for hours or days before the data team started their workday.
Solution: A Powerful Tech Stack—With Egnyte at the Center
- Version control. Any changes made to a file appear automatically in Egnyte, and Egnyte enables the team to review previous versions of data within one file, eliminating the need to create and track different files for each version. In addition, the new version will resurrect the closed Jira™ ticket, capture key information, and automatically reprocess it, overwriting the former uploaded content in Nimbus’ corporate database.
- Secure links. The Egnyte platform provides direct links to the most current version of the files, giving the Nimbus team with quick and easy access to key content. These Egnyte links are available in Jira™ tickets as well as the daily summary emails to project teams, giving scientists access to the content loaded in the last 24 hours in a standard format.
- Issue Alerts. In the event of an error related to any piece of content, Egnyte provides a seamless process for alerting the data team or CRO to validation errors.
- Metadata capture. All content added to Egnyte for database upload will pass key metadata to Jira™ and in return, the Jira™ ticket number is passed back to the file in Egnyte. This two-way synchronization allows the team to track the progress of the ticket.
Benefits: Stronger Data and Faster Drug Deployment
"We use Egnyte for data sharing across multiple external partners, taking advantage of their API, version control, secure links, content ownership, and metadata capture functionality. Egnyte is integral to our ability to automate much of our data management, which has made the often complex process of working with external partners much smoother, more reliable, and more efficient."
Dr. Rebecca Carazza
Head of Information Systems