Egnyte Unveils Storage Connect 2.0 with Behind-the-Firewall WebEdit
Provides High Availability and Horizontal Scalability for Diverse Enterprise Storage Environments
Mountain View, Calif. – August 25, 2014
Egnyte, the only provider of a complete suite of enterprise file services built from the cloud down, today announced the latest version of one of its flagship products Storage Connect, a solution that enables direct access to files stored behind the firewall without data or metadata moving to the cloud. Storage Connect 2.0 introduces cluster deployments, providing high availability and horizontal scalability to meet the privacy and security requirements of enterprise customers. Egnyte also unveiled WebEdit for Storage Connect to enable customers to edit files stored behind the firewall in their native applications.
The new cluster deployment capability vastly increases the supported number of concurrent users, providing seamless scalability as businesses grow and the complexity of their storage environments increases. This unique deployment model also provides redundancy to the file access layer to ensure high availability from anywhere and any device, all completely behind the corporate firewall.
WebEdit for Storage Connect allows users to select a file from the Web UI and automatically open, edit, and save it in its native application. This functionality, paired with Storage Connect 2.0, creates unified collaboration by allowing users to work on files without moving them to the cloud or using a VPN client.
"Storage Connect helped us bridge the gap between our needs around accessibility, flexible deployment, and concerns about moving protected, sensitive files to the cloud,” said Joshua Perkins, director of Information Services at American Roll Form. “Our executives can confidently access protected files from virtually any device, and we can be confident that those documents are safe on our storage platforms behind our security systems. It is a win-win for both teams, and the business."
Storage Connect 2.0 additionally offers:
- Explicit File Locking: Files can now be locked from the Egnyte Web UI when accessed via Storage Connect. Files locked by others can be previewed, downloaded and copied; however, they cannot be moved, renamed, or deleted, nor can new versions of the file be uploaded.
- Support for DMZ Deployment: Storage Connect instances can now be deployed in a demilitarized zone (DMZ) in the corporate network, rather than within the network itself. This allows for secure deployments with ease of access from outside the network.
- Support for Early SSL Termination: Storage Connect instances can now be configured to not terminate a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection. With this structure, another device such as an external load balancer can be configured to terminate SSL and pass HTTP traffic to the Storage Connect instance.
"As large enterprises continue to move to the cloud, it is imperative to have options in how they access their files,” said Rajesh Ram, co-founder and VP of Products at Egnyte. “With Storage Connect, we are able to provide users private access and collaboration tools to their most sensitive files behind the firewall and enable access to their more ‘green’ files via the Cloud File Server. In addition, Storage Connect 2.0’s cluster deployment capabilities create unprecedented scalability for businesses to securely and privately access their files.”
Pricing and Availability
Storage Connect 2.0 and WebEdit for Storage Connect are now generally available for Egnyte customers. For more details on Storage Connect 2.0, click here.
Egnyte transforms business through smarter content allowing organizations to connect, protect, and unlock value from all their content. Our Content Intelligence platform delivers smart content collaboration and governance in the cloud or on-premises to thousands of businesses around the world even the most regulated industries. Founded in 2007, Egnyte is privately held and headquartered in Mountain View, CA. Investors include venture capital firms, such as Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as technology partners, such as CenturyLink and Seagate Technology. Please visit www.egnyte.com or call 1-877-7EGNYTE for more information.
- Follow Egnyte on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Egnyte
- Join Egnyte on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Egnyte
- Connect with Egnyte on LinkedIn: Egnyte LinkedIn Company Page
Global Press & Media Contact
Director of Corporate Marketing, Egnyte