Egnyte Helps Teams Improve Productivity with Enhanced Functionality Across Product Lines
Modernizing Infrastructure and Creating Secure Collaboration for Their Global Organization
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 16, 2023
Egnyte, the secure platform for content collaboration and governance, announced several product enhancements across security and governance, mobile, and the Egnyte for Life Sciences’ Controlled Document Management application. These updates improve the functionality of the Egnyte platform so that users can work faster and smarter.
“Egnyte makes it simple for any size organization to manage and protect their data no matter where they are working,” said Ramin Farassat, Chief Product Officer at Egnyte. “We want to provide solutions that make it easier for our customers to do their jobs in the most efficient way possible. These product enhancements save users time, from managing documents more effectively and faster recovery from ransomware attacks to quicker reviews of mission-critical content on the jobsite.”
Updates to the Egnyte platform over the last quarter include the following features:
Security and Governance
- Ransomware Restore from Snapshot: As part of snapshot-based ransomware recovery, users will now be provided with a “Recommended Snapshot” to restore affected files in Egnyte sources based on when the issue was detected. This allows users to recover more quickly from a cyberattack.
- New Secure & Govern Dashboard: Aligned with Egnyte’s redesign of the user interface across the platform, the new Secure & Govern dashboard improves the overall user experience across different device types (e.g., mobile, tablet, desktop).
- Egnyte Android App: There have been several updates to the Egnyte Android app, including a customizable navigation menu, updated search filters to make it easier to access and set up popular search filters such as file type, and photo upload improvements.
- AutoCAD DWG File Preview: Customers with the AEC package now have the ability to preview AutoCAD DWG files in both the Egnyte Android and iOS apps and can even preview these files while offline when synced to the device. This enables quicker reaction time for teams to review important files on the jobsite.
- Controlled Document Management: New features of the Controlled Document Management application – which allows teams to streamline the management of regulated documents – include automatic version numbering, customizable document ID formats, improved audit reports, and a preview of video files.
In addition to the above updates, Egnyte made progress on a more productive migration experience for customers. The company also continues to enhance and improve its user interface across the product with updates in Collaboration and redesign of the Secure & Govern dashboard, adding various actionable analytics. Most recently, Egnyte was recognized as a winner in the 2022-2023 Cloud Awards for the Most Innovative Use of Data in the Cloud category, representing the top solution for solving “big data” issues through cloud-based technologies.
For more details on Egnyte’s product enhancements, please visit our product updates section of the blog.