Egnyte Unveils New Enterprise Mobile Suite with Optimized UI and Mobile-First Functionality
Adding Device Support for Apple Watch and Windows Tablets; Full Refresh of Current OS Offerings
Mountain View, Calif. – May 19, 2015
Egnyte, the market leader in Adaptive Enterprise File Services, today announced its new enterprise mobile suite that’s optimized for businesses to seamlessly access, manage and share online and offline data from both cloud and on-premises storage. With insights from its product usage data, industry trends, and customer feedback, Egnyte enhanced user interfaces and added new features to its enterprise solution across all major mobile platforms on the market including Android, iOS, and Windows.
According to research firm IDC, the number of enterprise applications optimized for mobility will quadruple by 2016. Mapping to industry trends and usage behavior, Egnyte’s full suite of apps improves both business user and administrative experiences while optimizing workflow across the entire organization. In addition to the traditional smartphones and tablets, Egnyte is also extending its application to the Apple Watch, providing all-new functionalities for early adopters and organizations participating in the Bring Your Own Wearable Device (BYOWD) trend.
“As we reinforce our mobile-first enterprise file services approach, it will be vital for organizations to provide employees with a full suite of enterprise-grade applications for secure access to any content in the cloud and on premises,” said Rajesh Ram, co-founder of Egnyte. “Our enhanced mobile applications, with the addition of functionality for wearables including the Apple Watch, are able to combine a user-friendly experience for employees and contractors with enhanced security features IT can trust in today’s always-on business environment.”
With Egnyte’s new mobile applications, users will be able to:
- Seamlessly manage online and offline content. Files that are marked for offline access can now be organized in a centralized view, creating an unparalleled ease-of-use between offline and online content.
- Name/rename files directly from a mobile device. With the ability to name and rename files via mobile, clarity is created and workflow is improved.
- Receive dynamic notifications. When large files and folders are being uploaded or downloaded at any location, dynamic notifications can be set to track status updates in real time.
- Access hi-res thumbnails and previews. Rather than downloading a file to get the highest resolution, thumbnails and previews of images will now be delivered in high-resolution to create a better viewing experience.
Administrators also gain benefits and will be able to:
- Onboard new users. The ability to add new users to the organization’s domain and set permissions according to the required level of access.
- Edit/add permissions for existing users. New functionality allows admins to easily adjust any permission or security control for existing users and groups right from their mobile devices.
Egnyte’s Apple Watch application will allow users to:
- Manage offline folders on their iPhones. Giving quick access, this function will allow a user to manage files offline in real time.
- Monitor status of uploads/downloads. When working with large files or multiple files at once, the user can easily monitor the progress of downloads and uploads on the go.
- Receive event notifications. Get notified when shared files are received, commented on or edited by the team. (Coming Soon)
All of the following mobile applications are available now for free:
- Egnyte for iOS and Apple Watch in the Apple App Store
- Egnyte for Android in Google Play
- Egnyte for Windows in the Microsoft App Store
More information on Egnyte’s enterprise mobile suite can be found here.