(Last revision – May 1, 2018)
The below terms and conditions, together with an Order Form,
forms a binding services agreement (the “Agreement”) between the
Customer named on the Order Form and Egnyte, Inc., a Delaware
corporation, located at 1350 W. Middlefield Road, Mountain View,
California 94043 (“Egnyte”). Customer’s signature on the Order Form
constitutes Customer’s acceptance of the Agreement as of the date
specified on the Order Form.
1. Definitions and Interpretation.
“Account” means an account created by or on behalf of Customer within the Services.
“Administrator” means i.
with respect to the Egnyte Connect Service, the Power Users appointed by
Customer to have administrative rights to the Egnyte Connect Service
including to add licenses, cancel licenses and define the scope of the
Egnyte Connect Service, and ii. with respect to the
Egnyte Protect Service, those individuals identified by Customer to have
the ability to interface directly with the Egnyte Protect Service.
“Connector” means the Egnyte configured agent through which the Egnyte Protect Service will access Customer’s content repositories.
“Content” means files, materials, data, text, audio, video, images or other content.
“Content Repository Users” or “CRUS”
means individuals existing in a content repository whose Content will
be scanned under the Egnyte Protect Service in accordance with the terms
of the Agreement.
“Documentation” means the written materials
describing the functionality, operation, and use of the Services that
Egnyte provides or makes generally available to customers of the
Services, including material located at https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us.
“Egnyte Connect Service” is a service
enabling secure file sharing, editing, and collaboration for content
stored in private datacenters and/or through a cloud–based repository.
“Egnyte Protect Service” is a content
governance service that monitors pre–defined content repositories to
identify potential corporate–wide access control problems within them.
“Order Form” means Egnyte’s then–current standard form setting forth the Services, fees and payment terms.
“Services” refers, collectively, to Egnyte’s hosted i. Connect Service and ii. Protect Service, the applicable features of which are more specifically described in the Order Form.
“User” means an individual authorized by
Customer to be a Power User or a Business Partner User of the Egnyte
Connect Service, as follows:
- “Power User” means an individual
authorized by Customer who is an employee, consultant, or contractor of
Customer. An individual who is a third party but requires Power User
functionality may also be provisioned with a Power User license.
- “Business Partner User” also referred to
as a Standard User, means an individual other than a Power User. For
clarity, an employee, consultant, or contractor of Customer may not use a
Business Partner User license.
This Agreement contains certain provisions that are unique
only to the Egnyte Connect Service or Egnyte Protect Service. Those
provisions are only binding and enforceable to the extent that Customer
has purchased a subscription to said Services. Section headings are
provided for general reference only, and are not probative in
interpreting the meaning of any provisions hereunder.
2. Availability and Use of the Services.
- General: Egnyte will make the Services available to Customer during the Term of this Agreement for its business purposes solely through any Account registered to Customer and in accordance with the Order Form placed with Egnyte. Any changes in the quantity or type of Services are subject to separate mutual, written agreement of the parties. For clarity, the Services are not for resale.
- Egnyte Protect Service: Egnyte Protect Service modules included in the base service are known as “Access Control” and “Content Classification.” Customer shall be responsible for configuring these modules per Customer requirements, all in accordance with and subject to the functionalities offered by Egnyte in such modules. Egnyte Connectors included in the Egnyte Protect Service are those Connectors certified in writing for usage by Egnyte and which Customer has identified for provisioning in connection with its content repositories.
- Access to the Services. Egnyte provides its Services in a hosted, cloud-based format. Egnyte makes the Egnyte Clients available to Customer, including Administrators and Users solely as an ancillary tool for accessing the Services. Customer acknowledges that, from time to time, Egnyte may issue updates to the Egnyte Clients (for example, to address security vulnerabilities, upgrade the protocol, improve usability or performance, and upgrade features). In that event, in order for Customer to best utilize the Services, either Customer will be offered the ability to upgrade the version of the Egnyte Clients which are currently running or they will be automatically upgraded by Egnyte. “Egnyte Clients” means the applications that are installed on Customer’s local server, desktop, mobile or other device (for example, mobile apps, desktop apps, and group apps) and that enable a User or Administrator to engage with the Services.
- Provision of Support. Egnyte will provide support as described in the Order Form. Egnyte may change its support model from time to time on written notice to Customer (which may include posting such changes on Egnyte’s customer support website) as long as the level of support is not materially less than that described in the Order Form as of the effective date of the Order Form.
- Data Protection, Security Measures and Backup Procedures. Egnyte will comply with the data protection and information security procedures described in Egnyte’s Data Protection Addendum. The Data Protection Addendum may be updated from time to time on written notice to reflect enhancements in the security and availability of the hardware and software cloud infrastructure used to provide the Services. On an annual basis, Egnyte will provide Customer with SSAE16 Reviews from the third party data center providers utilized in the provision of Services to Customer. Customer acknowledges and agrees that all SSAE16 Reviews constitute Confidential Information of Egnyte or its providers. To provide availability and redundancy of Customer Content, Egnyte maintains copies of the Content across two data centers at all times.
3. Customer’s Responsibilities relating to Use of the Services.
- Content. Customer (i) is responsible for the
accuracy and quality of the Content; (ii) will ensure that the Content
complies with this Agreement and applicable laws; (iii) will promptly
handle and resolve any notices and claims from a third party claiming
that any Content violates such party’s rights, including regarding
take-down notices pursuant to the U.S. federal Digital Millennium
Copyright Act, and (iv) will ensure that any and all necessary
permissions are secured to enable Egnyte to access, copy and/or use
Content as necessary to perform the Services including, but not limited
to, consent of Users to process Content in general and any personal data
in particular (and Customer’s signature on this Agreement confirms that
Users’ consent has been secured). Absent a binding legal order, Egnyte
does not access a Customer’s Account for the purpose of monitoring
Content transmitted through the Egnyte Connect Service.
- Passwords and Accounts. Customer is responsible for
all activities conducted under its User and Administrator logins, and
for safeguarding the confidentiality of the User/Administrator names and
passwords. Egnyte will have no liability to Customer or any third party
as a result of any unauthorized disclosure or access to Customer’s
Account or Content as a result of Customer, Administrator or User misuse
or loss, or the theft of, any password or username. Customer will
provide Egnyte with prompt written notice regarding any unauthorized use
of an Account, Content or the Services of which Customer becomes aware,
and will take all steps necessary to terminate such unauthorized use.
In addition, Customer will provide Egnyte with any cooperation and
assistance reasonably requested by Egnyte related to any such
- Use Restrictions. Customer will comply with, and
ensure its Users comply with, this Agreement. In addition, Customer and
its Users and Administrators will not: (i) use the Services in any
manner or for any purpose other than as expressly permitted by this
Agreement including, without limitation, allowing Users who are to be
classified as Power Users in accordance with the terms of this Agreement
to use Business Partner User logins to the Egnyte Connect Service,
(ii) allow multiple individuals to utilize the same User login
credentials, (iii) resell, sublicense, lease or otherwise make the
Services available to any third party; (iv) modify, copy or create
derivative works based on the Services; (v) reverse engineer,
disassemble or decompile the Services, or attempt to derive source code
from the Services; (vi) remove, obscure or alter any proprietary right
notice related to the Services; (vii) use the Egnyte Connect Service to
send unsolicited or unauthorized junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid
schemes or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages;
(viii) store or transmit Content: (A) containing unlawful, defamatory,
threatening, pornographic, abusive, or libelous material, (B) containing
any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal
offense, or (C) that violates the intellectual property rights or rights
to the publicity or privacy of others; (ix) use the Services to store
or transmit viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses or other harmful
or malicious code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (x) interfere
with or disrupt use of the Services by other Egnyte customers or to
other servers or networks connected to the Services, or violate the
regulations, policies or procedures of such other networks; (xi) access
or attempt to access Egnyte’s other accounts, computer systems or
networks not covered by this Agreement, through password mining or any
other means; (xii) access or use the Services in a way intended to
avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas; or (xiii) use
the Services, or permit their use, for purposes of product evaluation,
benchmarking or other comparative analysis intended for publication
without Egnyte’s prior written consent.
- Notices. Customer acknowledges that Egnyte may send
it and its Users communications or data regarding the Services using
electronic means. These may include, but are not limited to (i) notices
about usage of the Services, including any notices concerning violations
of use, (ii) updates to the Services, (iii) materials regarding
Egnyte's products and services, and (iv) information the law requires
Egnyte to provide. Egnyte provides Users the opportunity to opt-out of
receiving certain of these communications by following the opt-out
instructions provided in the message, and Administrators may block
communications to Users via the Account. However, Egnyte may continue to
provide necessary and/or required information by email or via access to
a website that Egnyte identifies. Notices via email will be deemed
given and received when the email is sent. Notices to Egnyte should be
sent via email to legal@Egnyte.com, with a duplicate copy sent via
registered mail, return receipt requested, to the following address:
Egnyte, Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 1350 W. Middlefield Road, Mountain
View, California 94043. Any such notice, in either case, must
specifically reference that it is a notice given under these Terms.
- Third Party Services and Content. All transactions
using the Services are between the transacting parties only. The
Services may contain features and functionalities linking or providing
Customer with certain functionality and access to third party content,
including Web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems,
information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or
services, and the Internet as a whole. Customer acknowledges that
Egnyte is not responsible for such content or services. Egnyte is
neither an agent of any third party nor a direct party in any such
transaction. Any of those activities, and any terms associated with
those activities, are solely between Customer and the applicable
4. Fees and Payment.
- Fees. Customer will pay fees to Egnyte as set forth
in the Order Form. If Customer upgrades or expands consumption of the
Services within a Subscription Term (for example, to obtain additional
storage, CRUS, User access, features or functionality) or if Customer’s
use exceeds the Services plan ordered by Customer (each of the foregoing
is referred to as a “Services Upgrade”), Customer agrees to pay for the
Services Upgrade at the pricing specified in the Order Form (and, if
not specified, then according to Egnyte’s then current pricing). Fees
for Services Upgrades will be invoiced on or after the Services Upgrade
is implemented, and will be paid in accordance with the payment terms
then in effect.
- Fee Increases. Egnyte reserves the right to
increase its fees at its discretion. Any increase in fees for Services,
other than for a Services Upgrade, will take effect at the beginning of
the next renewal Subscription Term applicable to Customer. For
Agreements with an auto-renewal provision, Egnyte shall provide Customer
with at least 45 days’ advance written notice (via email) of such
prospective increase in fees.
- Invoicing and Payment Terms. All fees will be due
and payable in accordance with the Order Form. Customer agrees to keep
all information in Customer’s billing account current. Payment methods
and billing account information may be changed by using the means
provided Egnyte, including via Egnyte’s website; however, such changes
do not affect charges submitted to Customer’s billing account prior to
the date on which the changes are processed and take effect. In the
event that Customer disputes any invoiced fees, Customer will provide
written notice of the disputed amount within the payment period and
timely pay any undisputed portion of such invoice. The parties agree to
cooperate in good faith to resolve any disputed invoice or portion
thereof. All amounts payable by Customer under this Agreement will be
made without setoff or counterclaim, and without any deduction or
withholding. At Egnyte’s discretion, past due amounts may accrue a late
fee equal to 1.5% per month or the maximum amount allowed by applicable
law, whichever is less. Customer will pay for all reasonable costs
incurred by Egnyte in collecting past due amounts, including reasonable
attorneys' fees and other legal fees and costs. In addition to its other
rights and remedies, Egnyte may suspend Customer’s access to the
Services, or cancel the Services, if Customer’s account remains past due
ten days after Egnyte provides Customer written notice of a past due
- Taxes. Fees are exclusive of Taxes and Customer
shall pay or reimburse Egnyte for all Taxes arising out of this
Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, “Taxes” means any sales, use,
withholding and other taxes (other than taxes on Egnyte’s income),
export and import fees, customs duties and similar charges applicable to
the transactions contemplated by this Agreement that are imposed by any
government or other authority. Customer will promptly provide Egnyte
with legally sufficient tax exemption certificates for each taxing
jurisdiction for which it claims exemption. In the event any government
or authority imposes withholding taxes on Egnyte’s fees, Customer shall
increase the amount of fees payable to Egnyte in a manner such that
Egnyte receives the full amount of committed fees pursuant to the Order
- Ownership by Customer. As between Customer and Egnyte, Customer or its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Content.
- Ownership by Egnyte. As between Egnyte and
Customer, Egnyte or its licensors own all right, title and interest in
and to the Services, Egnyte Clients and all hardware, software and other
items used to provide the Services. No title to or ownership of any
proprietary rights related to the Services or Egnyte Clients is
transferred to Customer pursuant to this Agreement or any transaction
contemplated by this Agreement. Egnyte reserves all rights not
explicitly granted to Customer. Egnyte is free to use any comments,
suggestions, recommendations, improvements and other feedback provided
by Customer, an Administrator or a User with respect to the Services for
any purpose, without obligation.
6. Professional Services.
- General. Customer may wish to receive certain
professional services from Egnyte’s dedicated professional services
team. Such services may include a rollout plan, project management, data
and permissions migration, integrations, and customizations, all as
described in a mutually agreed upon Statement of Work (“SOW”)
accompanying the applicable Order Form. To the extent payment terms are
not specified in the SOW, the payment terms in this Agreement shall
- Deliverables, Ownership. (i) Unless
otherwise set forth in the applicable SOW, Egnyte shall own all rights,
title and interest in and to the Deliverables (excluding any Customer
Property, defined below), and related intellectual property rights.
Subject to terms and conditions of the Agreement, Egnyte hereby provides
Customer during the Subscription Term with a limited, non-exclusive,
non-transferable and terminable license to use the Deliverables solely
for Customer’s internal operations in connection with its authorized use
of the Services. (ii) Nothing herein shall be construed to
assign or transfer any intellectual property rights in the proprietary
tools, libraries, know-how, techniques and expertise used by Egnyte to
develop the Deliverables, and to the extent such items are delivered
with or as part of the Deliverables, they are licensed, not assigned, to
Customer, on the same terms as the Deliverables. (iii) Customer
shall own all rights, title and interest in and to any Customer
Property. “Customer Property” means any technology, Customer-specific
business processes, or deliverables, specifically as such materials are
designated as Customer-owned property in a SOW. Egnyte shall have the
right to use any such Customer Property solely for the purpose of
providing the professional services to Customer hereunder and as set
forth in the applicable SOW.
- Professional Services Warranty. In regards to professional services only, Egnyte warrants that: (i)
it and each of its employees, consultants and subcontractors, if any,
that it uses to provide and perform the professional services has the
necessary knowledge and experience to perform the professional services
in accordance with this SOW; and (ii) the professional services
will be performed for and delivered to Customer in a professional and
workmanlike manner in accordance with the laws and regulations
applicable to the performance of such professional services. Customer
acknowledges that Egnyte’s ability to successfully perform professional
services is dependent upon Customer’s provision of timely information,
access to resources, and participation. If the professional services do
not conform to the foregoing warranty, Egnyte will, without prejudice to
its other rights and remedies under this Agreement or at law,
re-perform the non-conforming portions of the professional services at
no cost to Customer.
7. Warranties, Representations and Disclaimers.
- Mutual Warranties. Each party represents and warrants to the other that (i) it has the legal power to enter into and perform under this Agreement; and (ii) the execution, delivery and performance of this Agreement does not violate the terms or conditions of any other agreement to which it is a party or by which it is otherwise bound.
- Egnyte Warranties and Representations.
- Egnyte warrants that the Services will perform in all material respects in accordance with the Documentation. Egnyte may modify the Documentation in its sole discretion as long as the functionality of the Services will not be materially decreased during the then current Subscription Term. Any such modifications can be accessed by Customer in the Documentation. In the event the Services are nonconforming, Egnyte will fix, provide a work around, or otherwise repair or replace the nonconforming Services, or, if Egnyte is unable to do so, terminate Customer’s access to the Services and return fees for the Services previously paid to Egnyte for the period beginning with Customer’s notice of nonconformity through the remainder of the Subscription Term.
- Egnyte represents that it makes best efforts in seeking to meet the requirements set forth in the Service Level Agreement (“SLA”), including System Availability of at least 99.9%. In the event of any failure to meet the SLA requirements, Egnyte will provide the service credits described in the Service Level Agreement (“SLA”)
- Egnyte warrants that the Services, if used in accordance with this Agreement, will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. In the event of any failure to meet this warranty, Egnyte will provide the indemnification specified in Section 8.a (“Indemnification by Egnyte”).
- Customer Warranties. Customer hereby represents and warrants that (i) Customer has all rights in the Content necessary to grant the rights of access, copying and usage needed for Egnyte to properly perform the Services, and (ii) such access, copying and usage does not violate any law or other agreement to which Customer is a party.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 7, EGNYTE AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. EGNYTE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. EGNYTE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE SECURE BEYOND ANY POSSIBLE THREAT.
- Confidential Information Defined. “Confidential Information” means all confidential and proprietary information of a party (“Disclosing Party”) disclosed to the other party (“Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure, including the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including pricing and other terms reflected in the Order Form), the Content, the Services (including the Egnyte Client), business and marketing plans, technology and technical information, product designs, and business processes. Confidential Information of a Disclosing Party includes any information the Disclosing Party has received from others which the Disclosing Party is obligated to treat as confidential or proprietary. Confidential Information will not include any information that, in each case without breach of any obligation owed to Disclosing Party: (i) is or becomes generally known to the public; (ii) was known to Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by Disclosing Party; (iii) was independently developed by Receiving Party; or (iv) is received from a third party who is not subject to an obligation of confidentiality vis–à–vis Disclosing Party.
- Obligations regarding Confidential Information. Receiving Party will not use or disclose any Confidential Information of Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, except with Disclosing Party's prior written consent. Receiving Party will protect the confidentiality of Disclosing Party's Confidential Information in the same manner that it protects the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind (but in no event using less than reasonable care). Receiving Party will promptly notify Disclosing Party if it becomes aware of any actual or reasonably suspected breach of confidentiality of Disclosing Party's Confidential Information. The Data Protection Addendum referenced in Section 2.d above contains additional terms pertaining to security breaches.
For purpose of clarification, in no manner are the non-disclosure/non-use provisions contained herein intended to constrain Egnyte in responding in the normal course to Customer’s or Users’ instructions while utilizing the functionalities of the Egnyte Connect Service (i.e. a User can instruct the Egnyte Connect Service to share Content with a third party outside of Customer’s organization and Egnyte will not have a duty to monitor the Content for confidentiality considerations). Egnyte will process Content only in accordance with Customer’s and Users’ instructions.
- Compelled Disclosures. If Receiving Party is compelled by law to disclose Confidential Information of Disclosing Party, Receiving Party will provide Disclosing Party with prior notice of such compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at Disclosing Party's cost, if Disclosing Party wishes to contest the disclosure. The Receiving Party will (i) take reasonable steps to limit any such provision of Confidential Information to the specific Confidential Information required by such court or agency, and (ii) continue to otherwise protect all Confidential Information disclosed in response to such order, subpoena, regulation or process of law. Except for such required disclosure, the Confidential Information will remain subject to the terms of this Agreement and may only be disclosed as set forth in this Section 8.
- Injunctive Relief. If Receiving Party discloses (or threatens to disclose) any Confidential Information of Disclosing Party in breach of confidentiality protections hereunder, Disclosing Party will have the right, in addition to any other remedies available to it, to seek injunctive relief to enjoin such acts (without the need for the posting of a bond or other guarantee), it being acknowledged by the parties that any other available remedies are inadequate.
- Return of Confidential Information. Upon any termination of this Agreement, Receiving Party will continue to maintain the confidentiality of Disclosing Party's Confidential Information and, upon request, return to Disclosing Party or destroy (at Disclosing Party's election) all materials containing such Confidential Information. The aforementioned only pertains to Confidential Information transferred from one party to the other not within the usage of the Service; the destruction of Content on termination is governed by the terms of Section 11.c below.
- Indemnification by Egnyte. Egnyte will defend
Customer from and against all claims, suits or actions made or brought
against Customer by a third party (“Claim”) alleging that the Services
infringe the intellectual property rights of that third party, and will
indemnify Customer against any final judgment awarded (including
reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) or final settlement made with
respect to such Claim which imposes a financial obligation on Customer.
In addition to Egnyte’s obligation of indemnification, if the Services
become or, in Egnyte’s opinion, are likely to become the subject of a
claim of infringement, Egnyte may, at its sole option and expense,
either procure for Customer the right to continue using the Services
under the terms of this Agreement or replace or modify the Services to
be non-infringing without material decrease in functionality. If neither
of the foregoing options is reasonably practicable, in Egnyte’s
judgment, Egnyte may terminate Customer’s access to the infringing
Services and refund Customer all prepaid subscription fees for the
remainder of the Subscription Term on a pro rata basis. Egnyte will have
no liability for any Claim to the extent the Claim is based upon (i) the Content; (ii)
the Services in combination with any other product, service or device
not furnished, recommended or approved by Egnyte, if such Claim would
have been avoided without such combination; or (iii) Customer’s
use of the Services other than in accordance with this Agreement. This
Section 9.a states Customer’s exclusive remedy for any intellectual
property claim against Egnyte regarding the Services.
- Indemnification by Customer. Customer will defend
Egnyte against any claim made or brought against Egnyte by a third party
alleging that the Content, or Customer’s use of the Services in breach
of this Agreement, infringes the intellectual property rights of that
third party, and will indemnify Egnyte against any final judgment
awarded (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) or final
settlement made with respect to such claim which imposes a financial
obligation on Egnyte.
- Indemnification Process. A party’s obligation of indemnification is subject to the party requesting the indemnification: (i)
promptly notifying the party providing the indemnification in writing
of the existence of a third party demand for which indemnification is
sought; (ii) granting the party providing the indemnification
sole control over the defense, negotiation, compromise and settlement of
any legal proceedings; and (iii) cooperating with the party
providing the indemnification with respect to any such legal
proceedings. The party requesting the indemnification may elect to
participate in any such legal proceedings with an attorney of its own
choice and at its own expense.
10. Limitation of Liability.
- Limitation of Liability. Except for indemnification
Claims, neither party's aggregate liability arising out of or related
to this Agreement (whether in contract or tort or under any other theory
of liability) shall exceed the greater of $100,000 or the cumulative
fees paid by Customer under this Agreement during the twelve months
preceding the incident. With respect to an indemnification Claim under
Section 9 above, in no event will either party’s aggregate liability
arising out of or related to this Agreement (whether in contract or tort
or under any other theory of liability) exceed the greater of $200,000
or total amount paid by Customer under this Agreement. The foregoing
shall not limit Customer’s payment obligations under Section 4 (“Fees
- Exclusion of Consequential and Related Damages. Except in the event of i. property damage or personal injury, or ii.
fraud or a material misrepresentation, in no event shall either party
have any liability to the other party for any lost profits or revenues
or for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, cover or
punitive damages however caused, whether in contract, tort or under any
other theory of liability, and whether or not the party has been advised
of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing disclaimer shall not
apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. Term and Termination.
- Term. This Agreement will commence on the date that
the Order Form is last signed by a party and will continue for the
period designated in the Order Form (“Subscription Term”). Upon
expiration of the initial Subscription Term of an Order Form, the Order
Form will automatically renew for successive twelve month Subscription
Terms unless (i) Customer elects to terminate this Agreement by
giving Egnyte at least 30 days’ written notice and following the process
specified by Egnyte in the Account, in which case the Services will end
at the end of the then current Subscription Term following the stated
notice, or (ii) Egnyte elects to terminate this Agreement by
giving Customer at least 30 days’ written notice prior to the end of the
then current Subscription Term. If Customer attempts to terminate the
Agreement during a Subscription Term other than for cause, Egnyte will
not provide Customer with a refund for any pre-paid fees; this, without
derogating from Egnyte’s rights to bring a claim for all fees that
Customer is committed to paying under the Agreement, with all such fees
accelerating and becoming due on the date of termination. For the
avoidance of doubt and without derogating from Egnyte’s right to
increase fees as set forth in Section 4.b above, any discounts offered
by Egnyte to Customer during a given year will not renew during any
renewal Subscription Term unless agreed to by the parties in writing.
- Termination for Cause. A party may terminate this Agreement for cause immediately upon written notice: (i) for
a material breach of this Agreement by the other party if the breach
remains uncured 30 days after receipt of the initial written notice
setting forth the breach in reasonable detail or (ii) if the
other party becomes the subject of a bankruptcy, insolvency,
receivership, liquidation, assignment for the benefit of creditors or
similar proceeding (except to the extent that a party is prohibited by
law from terminating under such conditions). Upon any termination for
cause by Customer, Egnyte will refund Customer any prepaid subscription
fees for the post-termination period on a pro rata basis.
- Post-Termination Obligations. Within ninety days of
termination of this Agreement for any reason, Egnyte will destroy all
copies of Content that remain within Egnyte’s Services infrastructure.
- Survival. The terms of any sections that by their
nature are intended to extend beyond termination including, but not
limited to, Sections 5 (Ownership), 7.d (Disclaimer of Warranties), 8
(Confidentiality), 9 (“Indemnification”), 10 (“Limitation of Liability),
11.c (“Post-Termination Obligations”), and 12 (“General Provisions”)
will survive termination of this Agreement for any reason.
12. General Provisions.
- Governing Law. This Agreement will be construed and
enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of the State of
California, without reference to its choice of law rules.
- Government Users. If Customer is a U.S. government
entity, Customer acknowledges that elements of the Services constitute
software and documentation and are provided as “Commercial Items” as
defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, and are being licensed to U.S. government
end users as commercial computer software subject to the restricted
rights described in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 and 12.212.
- Independent Contractors. The parties are
independent contractors, and no partnership, franchise, joint venture,
agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the parties is
created hereby. There are no third party beneficiaries to this
Agreement. Egnyte may subcontract portions of the Services in accordance
with the terms set forth in the Data Protection Addendum referenced in
Section 2.d above.
- Waiver. No failure or delay in exercising any right
hereunder will constitute a waiver of such right. Except as otherwise
provided, remedies provided in this Agreement are in addition to, and
not exclusive of, any other remedies of a party at law or in equity. If
any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent
jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision will be modified by
the court and interpreted so as best to accomplish the objectives of the
original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the
remaining provisions will remain in effect.
- Assignment. Neither party may assign any of its
rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or
otherwise, without the prior written consent of the other (not to be
unreasonably withheld). Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may
assign this Agreement in its entirety (including any attachments to the
Order Form), without consent of the other party, to its successor in
interest in connection with a merger, reorganization, or sale of all or
substantially all assets or equity not involving a direct competitor of
the other party. Any attempted assignment in breach of this Section will
be void. This Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the
parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable to the
other for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this
Agreement (excluding payment obligations) if the delay or failure arises
from any cause or causes beyond that party’s reasonable control
including, but not limited to, natural disasters, war or acts of
terrorism, industry-wide labor disruptions, Internet outages and
- Public Announcement. Egnyte reserves the right to
release a press announcement of the execution of this Agreement and to
include Customer’s name on Egnyte’s customer lists and in its marketing
materials, including on Egnyte’s websites; provided, however, that
Egnyte will first coordinate any such actions with Customer.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the
entire agreement, and supersedes any and all prior agreements between
the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof, including any
non-disclosure agreement (with the confidentiality provisions of this
Agreement to govern any prior disclosures of Confidential Information).
In the event of any conflict of terms, this Agreement supersedes any
click-through license agreements that may be included for the Egnyte
Client. This Agreement may not be amended or modified except by a
writing signed by both parties.