Egnyte Expands Footprint in Raleigh, Makes New Additions to the C-Suite
Bolstering Team to Deliver Secure Content Platform to Thousands of Businesses Worldwide
Mountain View, CA. – August 22, 2019
Egnyte, the only business first secure content platform, today announced that it has opened an office in Raleigh, North Carolina, in hopes to bring 120 jobs to the area.
Over the past year, Egnyte has made significant investments in its growth. After taking on an additional $75M dollars from Goldman Sachs last October, Egnyte has grown it’s employee count to 700 plus employees, growing its workforce in Mountain View, California; Spokane, Washington; Poznan, Poland; Berkshire, England; and now Raleigh, North Carolina.
“We’ve been monitoring Raleigh for quite some time and we see it becoming one of the next big tech hubs,” said Vineet Jain, CEO and Co-Founder at Egnyte. “Like previous tech hubs in Ann Arbor and Austin, we see Spokane, Washington, and Raleigh, North Carolina as the next hubs to double down our investments. Our goal has been and will continue to be, to step outside of the highly-competitive Silicon Valley market and seek out the top talent in other blossoming regions around the world. While we have always been committed to providing highly competitive wages, benefits packages, and career growth opportunities, we believe the real draw for employees is the unique market opportunity resulting from a growing intersect of content collaboration and content governance - which truly makes this a special time to be a part of our company.”
Egnyte has seen tremendous growth in all of its offices throughout the world in 2019. Since the beginning of the year, Egnyte has hired more than 100 employees worldwide and has made multiple key executives hires:
- Eric Cross, as Chief Revenue Officer, brings with him 20 years of experience building and leading go-to-market organizations across a variety of industry-leading companies including, Apigee, Google, Blue Coat Systems and Peoplesoft. He will be responsible for global go-to-market operations at Egnyte.
- David Spitz, as Chief Marketing Officer will be driving marketing and analytics innovation and integration across the company. He has an extensive background having worked with companies like mParticle, WPP, and Deloitte.
- Ramin Farassat, as Chief Strategy Officer will be working closely with the executive leadership team to execute strategic initiatives to increase company growth, profitability, and strengthen its competitive positioning.
“When it comes to investing in new cities there is an enormous amount of homework that needs to be done,” said Steve Sutter, CFO at Egnyte. “We’ve seen our Spokane office grow and become a vital part of our business and we believe that Raleigh can do the same. We truly believe Raleigh, if not already, will be the next great tech hub, and that’s why we’ve doubled down here.”
If you are interested in joining the Egnyte team, visit the Egnyte careers page and find the job that is right for you!
Egnyte is the only secure content platform built specifically for business. With thousands of customers worldwide, in a variety of different vertical markets, Egnyte delivers secure content collaboration, compliant data protection and simple infrastructure modernization; all through a single SaaS platform.
Founded in 2007, Egnyte is a privately held company with headquarters in Mountain View, CA, and offices in Raleigh, NC, Spokane, WA, London, and Poland. Investors include Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Caufield & Byers, and Goldman Sachs.
- Follow Egnyte on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Egnyte
- Join Egnyte on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Egnyte
- Connect with Egnyte on LinkedIn: Egnyte LinkedIn Company Page
Global Press & Media Contact
VP Corporate Communications, Egnyte