Administrators can create user accounts, modify passwords and deactivate user accounts through the integration with Active Directory (AD) or via the UI (individual or bulk add/edit). Administrators can also assign and revoke permissions on folders by importing permissions from existing file shares or by manually assigning it via the Web UI.
Egnyte provides account-wide administrative controls to enforce policies and establish account guidelines.
- File Version Policy – Set up how many versions of files are stored in the cloud. Older versions will be automatically moved to the trash.
- Trash Retention Policy – Egnyte holds all deleted files in a Trash folder from which the administrator can restore them. Administrators can decide how long files are retained in a trash folder before they are permanently deleted.
- Users & Groups – Specify whether Power Users can view other users in the system or can create additional Standard Users.
- Link Controls – Control which types of users can create links to files and folders, as well as define the default expiration policy of those links.
- Shared Folder Notifications – As new files are added or as existing files change, Egnyte automatically notifies each user that has access to those files. Administrators can control who receives the notifications, as well as the frequency at which these notifications are sent out.