Egnyte Named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing
Evaluation based on Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute
Mountain View, CA. – July 25, 2016
Egnyte, the premiere cloud provider of smart content collaboration and governance, today announced it has been named a Leader in the July 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant (MQ) for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS). The Magic Quadrant has recognized Egnyte for its completeness of vision and ability to execute for Egnyte Connect, its smart content collaboration solution.
According to Gartner, “leaders provide mature offerings that meet market demand. They have demonstrated the vision necessary to sustain their market positions as requirements evolve. The hallmark of Leaders is that they focus and invest in their offerings to lead the market and affect its overall direction. Leaders can be the vendors to watch as you try to understand how new offerings might evolve. Leaders typically possess a significant, satisfied customer base and enjoy high visibility in the market. Their size and maturity enable them to remain viable under changing market conditions. Leaders typically respond to a wide market audience by supporting broad market requirements. However, they may fail to meet the specific needs of vertical markets or other more specialized segments.”
“Businesses are always looking for new solutions to increase productivity and reduce cost while keeping privacy and security on the top of their priority list,” said Vineet Jain, co-founder and CEO at Egnyte. “We believe being named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant validates Egnyte’s ability to provide the market with a secure, collaborative content solution that can positively transform their digital workplace. Our open, hybrid architecture is what sets us apart and enables us to leverage content analytics to increase productivity, strengthen privacy, and maximize efficiency of cloud and on-premises IT environments.”
Egnyte attributes this recognition to a number of significant achievements over the past year:
- Introduced Egnyte Protect in June 2016 – the industry’s first and only SaaS, hybrid content governance solution. Egnyte Protect unifies all company content under a centralized set of policies, providing powerful and easy-to-use tools to protect employee and customer privacy.
- Announced Egnyte Key Management offering in March 2016 — an enterprise grade data encryption solution designed to provide organizations with the broadest offering of choice for both privacy and security. Egnyte is the only company to offer full end-to-end encryption with a solution that allows customers to store encryption keys on-premises or on the Egnyte, Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure clouds.
- Launched a Smart Reporting and Auditing service in October 2015, which leverages content analytics to provide IT leaders and business users with actionable intelligence to take control of their content sharing systems and gain a better visual understanding of user behavior.
- Released new integrations for Microsoft Office 365 in September 2015, which enable business users to seamlessly access, manage and share all of their files from the Web, desktop or mobile.
- Unveiled the Egnyte Technology Partner Program in September 2015 to provide enhanced value-added services on top of Egnyte’s open, hybrid technology, including deeper integrations with Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, and others.
“Gartner defines the enterprise file synchronization and sharing market as “A range of cloud-based or on-premises offerings that enables individuals to synchronize and share files (such as documents, photos and videos) among mobile devices and PCs. Sharing can happen among people (for example, partners and customers) within or outside the organization, as well as among applications. Smooth search, retrieval and access of files stored in multiple data repositories (e.g., file servers or content management platforms) from different client devices complement these offerings, as well as security, data protection and collaboration capabilities.”
For more information on today’s announcement, visit the Egnyte Blog.
To see Egnyte’s evaluation, download the full Gartner MQ report here.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.