Egnyte Exchange Customer Summit FAQ
- What are the dates and times for Egnyte Exchange Customer Summit?
The Egnyte Exchange Virtual Customer Summit is being held on October 20 and 21, 2020. Each day kicks off at 11:00 a.m. Eastern/8 a.m. Pacific. The full agenda can be found at https://exchange.egnyte.com/virtual-summit#agenda
- How do I register for/attend a specific session?
If you haven't already built your agenda or wish to change or add to it, you can do so at the agenda link above, using the ticket credentials sent to you to verify your login. Once on the agenda, you will see a "reserve my seat" icon on each individual session and can use that accordingly. If you have any issues with this, please let us know over in #summit-technical-help
- Are the sessions live or recorded?
At this year's Summit, we have a mix of both live and recorded sessions. For all breakout sessions only, there will be live Q&A following the expert presentation regardless of whether the presentation itself is live or recorded.
- What if my questions didn't get answered during the session or I have additional questions about a mainstage (non-breakout) session?
If you have additional questions or want to discuss what you've learned at Summit, this is a great place to do it! We've created a few channels that correspond to the larger themes and topics of this year's Summit, and we'll be monitoring those channels for questions and feedback.
- If I miss my session, can I access it later?
All material will be on-demand shortly after Summit has concluded; we will send out communications to all registered users keeping them informed on how they can find all the content for replay after the event.
- Are there guides or resources available for each of the sessions?
For each session, the event platform includes a section for attachments and additional resources; be sure to check there for additional whitepapers and resources related to the session's content.
- I need technical support related to the event platform/video replay. Who do I reach out to?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or Slack us in the #summit-technical-help channel.
- What are the system requirements to view sessions?
You can check if your system can use the Virtual Experience with this Quick Tech Check. Otherwise, take note of the following:
- Supported: Windows 7 and above, running Chrome, Firefox or Edge. Internet Explorer is not supported
- MacOS 10.9 or later, running Chrome and Firefox. Safari not supported
- iPhone 5S or later, running iOS 11 and up
- Android 4.0 or later, running Chrome
- How do I change what device is playing the sound for my session? (i.e. changing to headphones, speakers, etc.)
To toggle between multiple outputs connected to your device (e.g. internal speakers, headphones and AirPlay), click the gear icon on the top right of the live-streamed session. You will then be able to select which output and input devices should be used.
- The audio output device I want to use isn't showing up - how can I fix this?
First, check the physical connection to your device, by either unplugging and re-connecting your physical headphones, or toggling bluetooth on and off.
If you are confident that the output device is connected correctly, check your system preferences to ensure your computer recognizes the device. On a Windows device, click the loudspeaker icon on the bottom right of your screen, and you'll be able to change output device. On a Mac, visit System Preferences > Sound to choose your output devices.
- My devices are connected properly, but I can't hear anything!
If you're confident everything is connected properly, your devices might be being used by another tool or application. Make sure tools like Zoom, Google Hangouts, Go To Meeting etc. have been closed prior to starting the session. (edited)
- How do I join the Egnyte Exchange Slack workspace?
If you are registered to the Egnyte Exchange Customer Summit, you should have received an invitation to join the workspace prior to the event. If you did not receive this invitation, please email email@example.com.
Get started with Egnyte today
Explore our unified solution for file sharing, collaboration and data governance.
LATEST PRODUCT ARTICLES
Don’t miss an update
Subscribe today to our newsletter to get all the updates right in your inbox.