Product Update Roundup - November 2020
In addition to the regular updates brought to you through November, like Egnyte’s integration capabilities with the new Google Workspace and support for Big Sur, here are some of the enhancements in Egnyte that you may have missed:
Secure & Govern Efficiency Enhancements
Throughout November, Secure & Govern had a number of enhancements that directly impact speed and efficiency within the tool, including:
- Sensitive Content tab now defaults to tree view in order to present a filterable, hierarchical view of sensitive folders across all your content sources. This view has also been optimized in order to cut down load times by up to 35% for a more streamlined experience.
- In another time-saving improvement, the Sensitive Content match view has been enhanced, allowing you to open files from sources outside Egnyte directly from within the view.
- The Breach Report has also been optimized in order to reduce the time needed to calculate results.
Storage Sync Improvements
- Storage Sync users can now clone or migrate configurations from one Storage Sync device to another, saving time and ensuring consistency when implementing a new device. System configuration, AD settings, mapped users, sync settings, folder selection and software update policy settings are all migrated through this process.
- Storage Sync now works in environments where web proxy servers are used and have SSL inspection enabled.
- Issue fixes for subfolders remaining even after deleted and Active Directory configurations not migrating post-upgrade
Egnyte for Android Updates
Continuous improvements to Egnyte’s mobile apps have included the following updates to Egnyte for Android:
- Recent files on the homepage have been increased to include the 50 most recent files.
- Users can now utilize the File and Folder Templates feature in the Android app, with the template files and folders in one place to streamline access and management. Clicking the “Create or Upload” button will generate a list of available templates to select from.
Get started with Egnyte today
Explore our unified solution for file sharing, collaboration and data governance.
LATEST PRODUCT ARTICLES
Don’t miss an update
Subscribe today to our newsletter to get all the updates right in your inbox.