Firestorm 2012: post game wrap up
With some time to recover from our first ever event, I wanted to take time to reflect on the last few days.
First, I wanted to thank everyone who took time out from their day to spend it with us. I hope that everyone was able to walk away from the event having learned something new and feeling a renewed sense of energy and potential in what will be implemented in the cloud in 2013.Some of the themes that I found particularly interesting were:
- Enterprises using the private clouds hybridized with public cloud infrastructure
- IT proactively looking at business use cases to drive their decision
- Speed to market of developments and a new responsiveness to business users behavior
- Security focusing on securing the 10% that's truly important and working with employees to insure they understand how to "be secure" when handling that data
- The importance of IPv6 and it's security capabilities
- The new understanding of social behavior and its ramifications
- The CIO as true strategist, and not reactionary tactician
- The new enterprise sales model driven by use case and speed of applicability
As we find our way into the New Year, there will be a lot of changes to this thing we call the "cloud". Its promise will come to fruition in new ways, and we will see implementations on a truly massive scale. Our own Egnyte Cloud Control solution will roll out, offering enterprises a global name space that disassociates geographical location of data with the ability to access it. There's truly much new in the world, and we're glad to be a part of it.
Get started with Egnyte today
Explore the best secure platform for business-critical content across clouds, apps, and devices.
LATEST PRODUCT ARTICLES
Don’t miss an update
Subscribe today to our newsletter to get all the updates right in your inbox.