Firestorm 2012: post game wrap up
With some time to recover from our first ever event, I wanted to take time to reflect on the last few days.
First, I wanted to thank everyone who took time out from their day to spend it with us. I hope that everyone was able to walk away from the event having learned something new and feeling a renewed sense of energy and potential in what will be implemented in the cloud in 2013.Some of the themes that I found particularly interesting were:
- Enterprises using the private clouds hybridized with public cloud infrastructure
- IT proactively looking at business use cases to drive their decision
- Speed to market of developments and a new responsiveness to business users behavior
- Security focusing on securing the 10% that's truly important and working with employees to insure they understand how to "be secure" when handling that data
- The importance of IPv6 and it's security capabilities
- The new understanding of social behavior and its ramifications
- The CIO as true strategist, and not reactionary tactician
- The new enterprise sales model driven by use case and speed of applicability
As we find our way into the New Year, there will be a lot of changes to this thing we call the "cloud". Its promise will come to fruition in new ways, and we will see implementations on a truly massive scale. Our own Egnyte Cloud Control solution will roll out, offering enterprises a global name space that disassociates geographical location of data with the ability to access it. There's truly much new in the world, and we're glad to be a part of it.
Get started with Egnyte today
Explore our unified solution for file sharing, collaboration and data governance.
LATEST PRODUCT ARTICLES
Don’t miss an update
Subscribe today to our newsletter to get all the updates right in your inbox.