Mapping Out Egnyte’s 2014 Security Roadmap at RSA
We’re at the RSA Conference in San Francisco today exhibiting with our partner OneLogin. This conference brings together the top companies who are leading the way in delivering leading-edge security measures to help companies keep their business data secure, and we’re excited to meet with attendees about how Egnyte can enable users to share and store their business-critical data while eliminating security and privacy concerns.
I recently stepped into my new role as Egnyte’s Chief Security Officer (CSO), and as a company co-founder, I have always worked directly with Egnyte’s customers so I understand their top issues and concerns when it comes to security. As CSO, I’m planning a strong year of security enhancements and partner integrations over the next 12 months, and I’m happy to publicly release the Egnyte FY2014 security roadmap so our customers understand how Egnyte will meet all of their security needs now and into the future. My roadmap focuses on three key areas - deployment options, data privacy and industry standards.DeploymentLate in 2013, Egnyte launched Storage Connect, a solution that allows enterprises to obtain cloud benefits while retaining file storage purely on-premises. In 2014, Egnyte expects to enhance the Storage Connect across multiple dimensions:
- Granular Auditing & DLP Integration: Egnyte will tie in with existing DLP solutions installed on-premises, allowing customers in regulated industries to honor complex policies (i.e. regular expressions, fingerprints, machine learning) on certain data, such as credit card details, social security numbers, or health information, and all files will be scanned to ensure those details aren’t shared outside of the company. IT will also be able to audit file activity across both cloud and on-premise files in an integrated fashion.
- Unified Identity Management: In conjunction with RSA, Egnyte is also excited to expand its partnership with OneLogin to simplify identity management under a unified framework, regardless of which deployment model a customer chooses - cloud, on-premises or hybrid.
DataEgnyte is also adding new security features and integrations at every touchpoint along the data life-cycle to further expand data security; these features include:
- Endpoint Encryption: This capability will provide customers with extra security if an end-user device is lost or stolen, or if an employee leaves the company. The encrypted files that are downloaded on these devices will only be accessible with a key, and that key can be revoked remotely by IT.
- Antivirus protection: To protect against malware infecting customer data in the cloud, Egnyte’s antivirus capability will scan files before they’re stored to ensure the data is malware free.
IndustryFor the next 12 months, Egnyte is focused on enhancing compliance standards for several industries, with an emphasis on:
- SOC2: Egnyte will complete a certification for its internal processes, with a priority on enhanced auditing and controls when developing and building out the Egnyte platform.
- Digital Rights Management (DRM): Enhanced DRM will provide increased file controls for sensitive materials, such as intellectual property or legal forms. IT teams in regulated industries will be able to create a policy on what users can do with different file types.
Egnyte’s market-leading solution is the most secure and scalable on the market today, and I’m also happy to announce that we’ve been awarded the Skyhigh CloudTrust™ rating of Enterprise-Ready, which is given to the select cloud services that fully satisfy the most stringent requirements for data protection, identity verification, service security, business practices and legal protection.If you’re at the event today, come stop by the booth (South Hall, booth 1141) and say hello. My team and I are happy to chat about our security plans for this year and how Egnyte can help your business. For more information on today’s news, check out our press release that went out this morning.
Get started with Egnyte today
Explore our unified solution for file sharing, collaboration and data governance.
LATEST PRODUCT ARTICLES
Don’t miss an update
Subscribe today to our newsletter to get all the updates right in your inbox.