Egnyte Extends Support to Microsoft Windows 8
Hybrid Cloud File Sharing Service Will Also Support
Internet Explorer 10 and Windows Mobile 8
Egnyte, the leading provider of cloud file sharing infrastructure for business, today announced that beginning October 26, it is extending support to Microsoft Windows 8, including browser support for Internet Explorer 10 and Egnyte Mobile App support for Windows Mobile 8. The company is updating Egnyte access to ensure that users have the same quality, speed, security and accessibility to all their files after upgrading to Windows 8.
"Microsoft remains a key player in not just the enterprise, but in every business worldwide," said Vineet Jain, CEO of Egnyte. "That means that creating a Windows 8 version of our product is an important part of our support for every Egnyte customer and we're excited to offer it."
To support Windows 8, Egnyte will be updating its methods of access to Egnyte HybridCloud file server:
- Browser: Users can already access files online using any standard web browser. Support for Windows 8 now extends that access to the new Internet Explorer 10. Through the web interface, users have access to a wide range of Egnyte functionalities such as file upload, download, sharing and editing.
- Personal Local Cloud: Providing sync capabilities between the Windows 8 desktop and the online file server, the Personal Local Cloud provides seamless synchronization of selected folders to the Cloud File Server, providing offline access to files as well as the ability to share using online file storage.
- Mapped Drive: Accessing files via the mapped drive is like accessing any other folder or hard disk drive on the computer: search, open, move, copy, rename, delete files just like any other file. Egnyte now supports these capabilities on Windows 8.
- Mobile Apps: Users can access files on their mobile devices in two ways: by using a standard mobile web browser or using Egnyte's mobile applications. Now with support for Windows Mobile 8, the Egnyte mobile app not only lets users create, access, manage, share and edit files, but also download files locally on their mobile device for offline access.
Over 1 billion files are shared daily by businesses using Egnyte Hybrid Cloud file server. Egnyte´s unique technology provides the speed and security of local storage with the accessibility of the cloud. Users can easily store, share, access and backup files, while IT has the centralized administration and control to enforce business policies. Egnyte, founded 2007, is based in Mountain View, California and is a privately held company backed by venture capital firms Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Floodgate Fund, and Polaris Venture Partners. For more information, please visit www.egnyte.com or call 1-877-7EGNYTE.
- Follow Egnyte on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Egnyte
- Join Egnyte on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Egnyte
- Connect with Egnyte on LinkedIn: Egnyte LinkedIn Group
Global Press & Media Contact
News & Events
Start your Free Trial today