Local Cloud - Sync Local Files with Online Storage
Fast File Access Using Local Storage
Bandwidth limitations and internet connection outages limit traditional cloud storage solutions. Egnyte HybridCloud solves these problems by combining the accessibility and flexibility of cloud storage with the speed and security of local storage. This "no compromise" approach provides businesses with file storage, sharing, access, and backup from anywhere, online or offline.
The Egnyte HybridCloud solution is comprised of two components: Egnyte Cloud File Server and Egnyte Local Cloud. Local Cloud is private cloud storage that holds local copies of business files on the computer, network-attached storage, virtual machine or unified storage systems. Files stored in Local Cloud are automatically synchronized with the Cloud File Server, providing users the option of flexible remote file access or fast local file access, even without an Internet connection.
Local Storage to Meet Every Business Need
Egnyte Local Cloud has three options that scale to meet the needs of single users, offices, and enterprises.
- Personal Local Cloud – Home Office
- Personal Local Cloud provides individual users offline access to files on their personal computer. Personal Local Cloud is installed on the user’s Windows or Mac computer, and synchronizes files between the local hard drive and the cloud. Users can access files directly through Finder on their Mac and Explorer on their Windows machine.
- Office Local Cloud – Small Office and Branch Office
- Office Local Cloud provides teams one centralized local access point for all files, just like a file server. Office Local Cloud is deployed on a NETGEAR ReadyNAS and synchronizes files between the NAS (network-attached storage) device and the Cloud File Server. Users can access files using a drive letter (e.g. X: ) mapped to the NAS device. Office Local Cloud also seamlessly enforces all permissions set up in the cloud. For example, if a user has been provided Read access to Finance files in the cloud, Office Local Cloud enforces the same permissions locally.
- Enterprise Local Cloud – Enterprise and Multi-Office
- Enterprise Local Cloud provides teams one centralized local access point for all files just like a file server. Enterprise Local Cloud is deployed as a VMware virtual appliance and synchronizes files between on-premise storage and the cloud file server. The virtual appliance can be deployed on a wide range of existing hardware such as NetApp unified storage systems. With Egnyte Enterprise Local Cloud, users can easily map a network drive to the virtual appliance and access files directly from their desktop. Enterprise Local Cloud also seamlessly enforces all permissions set up in the cloud. For example, if a user has been provided Read access to Finance files in the cloud, Enterprise Local Cloud enforces the same permissions locally.
Compare All Local Cloud Solutions
|Personal Local Cloud||Office Local Cloud||Enterprise Local Cloud|
|Platform||Computer Hard drive or Direct Attached Storage.||Intel® based ReadyNAS® devices. (Duo or NV+ ReadyNAS devices are not supported.)||VMware-based virtual appliance. Deployed on VMware workstation or ESXi server.
Integrated with NetApp unified storage.
|Access||Individual access. Each employee can create a local cloud on their computer1||Centralized access. One Local Cloud per office2||Centralized access. One Local Cloud per office2|
|Security||Each employee's Personal Local Cloud instance contains only the folders they specifically have access to in the cloud.||Automatic management of local access permissions. Egnyte automatically synchronizes all access permissions from the Cloud File Server into the Local Cloud. Egnyte can also integrate with existing directory services like Active Directory or LDAP.||Automatic management of local access permissions. Egnyte automatically synchronizes all access permissions from the Cloud File Server into the Local Cloud. Egnyte can also integrate with existing directory services like Active Directory or LDAP.|
|Usage Pattern||Individual users typically do not work on the same files simultaneously. If they do, Egnyte will create automatic versions of file changes – no edits are lost.||Within a Group/Department, users access specific folders simultaneously and therefore would like automatic file locking for the file on the local cloud.||Within a Group/Department, users access specific folders simultaneously and therefore would like automatic file locking for the file on the local cloud.|
|Learn more||Learn more||Learn more|
1 Personal Local Cloud can also be deployed on a centralized server, like Windows Server 2008,
but the access control for each folder will have to be managed by the server administrator. Personal Local Cloud is a standard feature for Employee licenses.
2 Multiple Office Local Cloud instances can be deployed in one location if storage needs exceed the capacity of one device.
3 Standard feature for Employee licenses.