Complete Feature List
Case Study: Ecomedia (PDF)
Case Study: Envision (PDF)
Egnyte Security (PDF)
Egnyte HybridCloud is an easy-to-use integrated solution that enables secure file access, sharing and storage from anywhere, with any device. Whether employees are in the office or on the road, Egnyte offers a full range of file access capabilities to meet any need.
- Web access
- Egnyte provides secure and easy file access using any standard web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome). Through the Egnyte web browser interface, users have access to a wide range of features, such as collaboration, content management, file sharing and backup.
- Mobile access
- Egnyte HybridCloud allows simple file access from any mobile device, providing accessibility on the go. Access, share, edit and download business files directly on mobile devices with the Egnyte app (available for the iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Mobile, webOS). Mobile web browsers can also be used to access and manage files from any smart phone.
- Desktop access: Drag, drop and edit
- Egnyte provides desktop file access using mapped drives. Mapped drives allow employees to map their Egnyte account to a desktop drive on their PC or Mac. Drag and drop files between folders in a familiar manner and open them for editing with a click.
- Desktop sync: online and offline desktop access
- The optional Egnyte Personal Local Cloud provides full access to files even when Internet connectivity isn't available. When Internet connectivity is restored, files are automatically and seamlessly synchronized between your computer ( Personal Local Cloud ) and the Egnyte Cloud File Server.
- Sub-folder sync and permissions
- As businesses grow, so does their data structure and need for granular control. Egnyte is the first and only cloud storage provider to offer file sync and permission controls down to the sub-folder level. Users can select folders and sub-folders in their Egnyte account to sync locally. Only files relevant to the chosen sub-folders will be downloaded and synchronized. This provides users with more control over storage and bandwidth use. Administrators can assign permissions to any folders and sub-folders. This granular control is crucial to businesses with complex folder structures, providing a powerful tool to manage file access at every level.
- Server Sync: Fast File Access Using Local Storage
Egnyte HybridCloud is comprised of two components: Egnyte Cloud File Server and
Egnyte Local Cloud. Local Cloud is a private cloud storage that holds local copies
of business files on a computer, network-attached storage, virtual machine, or unified
storage. Files stored in Local Cloud are automatically synchronized with the Cloud
File Server, providing users the option of fast local file access, even without an
Internet connection. Egnyte Local Cloud has three options that scale to meet the
needs of single users, offices, and enterprises:
- Personal Local Cloud - Deployed on a computer hard drive or direct-attached storage drive.
- Office Local Cloud - Provides sync between a network-attached device (NAS) and online file server. Can be deployed on NETGEAR ReadyNAS network-attached storage (NAS) devices.
- Enterprise Local Cloud - Provides sync between a virtual machine and the online file server. Can be deployed as a VMware® virtual appliance on any existing hardware, such as NetApp unified storage.
- Store files of any size
- Files can be stored and uploaded to Egnyte Cloud File Server using a variety of methods. Smaller files can be uploaded using the web browser interface. Larger files or folders can utilize the web-based Java uploader, Egnyte Local Cloud, mapped drive or FTP*. Easily upload and store large files such as PowerPoint presentations, Photoshop files, CAD drawings, medical images, videos, etc.
- Unlimited storage capability
- Egnyte service is available with 150 GB, 1 TB or 3 TB of baseline online storage. Additional storage can be added to accounts at any time through the account settings page. For information regarding unlimited storage plans, please call 1-877-734-6983.
Egnyte HybridCloud file server provides numerous features to support file sharing and collaboration, enabling distributed co-workers and business partners to work together from one centralized access point.
- Shared folders
- Set up shared permission based folders around projects or departmental needs and allow both employees and customers to securely access their files from anywhere.
- Easily upload files
- Easily drag and drop files on your desktop. A browser-based Java uploader will help you to move files online, and for the largest files (500 MBs or more), Egnyte provides easy-to-use, no-maintenance FTP*. (There are no restrictions on the maximum file size with the Enterprise Plan. Office Plan's maximum file size is 2.5GB, and the Group Plan's is 1GB. )
- Unlimited permission-based folders
- Create unlimited folders, arrange them in a hierarchical folder structure (nested sub-folders) and assign appropriate levels of permission-based security (Read, Read/Write, Read/Write/Delete). Each folder or sub-folder can be configured for access by authorized employees and business partners.
- File and folder access controls
- Three levels of built-in security prevent unauthorized access, including initial login, folder permissions (read/write/delete) and individual file locking.
- Automatic file versioning
- No need to change filenames to capture versions. Egnyte automatically versions files as they change. Egnyte never "overwrites" a file, providing a complete audit trail of who made a change and when it was made.
- Automatic notification of file changes
- As new files are added or as existing files change, Egnyte automatically notifies each user that has access to those files. Each user can specify a notification frequency indicating how often they would like to be notified.
- File locking and checkout
- Users can lock files for modification (file check-out). Once a file is locked (checked out), other users can view the file, but cannot edit or upload changes until the file has been unlocked (file check-in).
- Business partners: web browser and mobile access
- Egnyte provides business partners with an intuitive web interface to collaborate and access files. Files can also be accessed and downloaded from any mobile device with Egnyte's mobile apps.
- Simultaneous sharing with multiple customers and employees
- Empower business collaboration with remote teams and customers by establishing different levels of folder-based permission (Read/Write/Delete) – to safely enable multiple parties to work together from one central online location.
- Share file and folder links
- Employees have the option to send large files with a unique URL link instead of an email attachment. Employees can control how long the link is active and can be automatically notified when a file has been downloaded. File links can even be mass distributed, making download available for a wide audience.
- Unified FTP* solution for large file transfer and sharing
- Egnyte HybridCloud eliminates the need to set up and manage complicated FTP servers or email large file attachments (for files 500MBs or more). Unified FTP is a fully integrated and centrally managed solution that enables employees to securely transfer files directly to and from Egnyte folders. Transferred files are automatically backed up in the cloud. Administrators retain full control over FTP capabilities, such as permission enforcement, user FTP enablement/disablement, and secure FTP options (FTPS/FTPES) over SSL encryption.
- SSL encryption at all data touch points
- Unlike email-based communication, which flows unprotected over the Internet, all communications with Egnyte, including continuous data backup and browser, and desktop-based requests, are secured using 256-bit AES encryption over SSL.
- Secure data hosting and data redundancy
- Egnyte servers are hosted at SAS 70 Type II compliant collocation facilities that feature 24/7 manned security, biometric access control, video surveillance and physical locks. Egnyte provides data replication with redundant independent RAID storage. Egnyte also integrates with client-side encryption services to provide complete end-to-end data encryption. Customers can define and manage their own encryption keys, enabling complete control over files from anywhere.
- SAS 70 Type II, HIPAA, FINRA and Safe Harbor compliant
- The Egnyte security approach is intended to ensure the highest level of protection to customers' business critical data. Egnyte commits extensive resources to maintaining an enterprise-class security infrastructure, allowing customers to comply with HIPAA, FINRA and Safe Harbor requirements.
- File and folder permissions based on access levels
- Only users provisioned by the administrator, with active passwords, can access their Egnyte account. Additionally, users only have visibility and access to folders and files where they have been granted access. The activity they can perform on these files is also based on the permission level (e.g. read only, read/write etc.)
- Centralized administration
- Egnyte HybridCloud provides administrators with centralized control and visibility over which users have access to what files. Manage user permissions (read/write/delete) down to a granular sub-folder level. Monitor user activity to ensure that only authorized users access important business files. Manage user accounts comprehensively, modify passwords, activate and deactivate users based on business needs.
- Add users anytime
- Administrators have the ability to add users on a need basis. Assign administrative and data access rights to any user on the fly.
- Control user rights and access level
- Administrators can create user accounts, modify passwords and also deactivate user accounts as needed. Administrators can also assign and revoke permissions on folders to assert control over what folders a user can access.
- User authentication
- IT administrators know that the first line of defense for data security is user authentication. Egnyte enables user authentication and permission enforcement at every access point, ensuring that only users with the right credentials can access the account. For organizations with Single Sign-on (SSO) authentication, Egnyte integrates with VMware Horizon, OneLogin, Citrix CloudGateway and others. SAML 2.0 compliance enables integration with SSO solutions that utilize this standard. Egnyte also enables directory service integration with Active Directory and LDAP for centralized authentication management behind the firewall.
- Audit Reports **
Egnyte Audit Reporting helps businesses understand usage and monitor activity. Egnyte
offers administrators a wide range of reporting tools through the web interface to
provide complete visibility of their account.
- File Server Size Report – see how much storage is being utilized in each directory
- Folder Size Report – see how much space is being used in each folder
- Link Summary Report – view and manage all active and expired file links
- Local Cloud Status Report – monitor Local Cloud usage of every user
- Lock Summary Report – see what files and folders are actively locked
- User Permission Report – view all users and corresponding folder permissions
- File Audit Report – generate complete audit trails of all file activities
- Login Audit Report – monitor login history of all users based on source and time
- Automatic synchronization & backup of files
- Egnyte HybridCloud automatically synchronizes files between local storage (PC, Mac, network-attached storage, virtual appliance, unified storage) and the cloud file server, providing real-time copies of user files. Files backed up in the cloud serve as redundant storage for remote access or data recovery.
- Instantaneous web access of backed up files
- Securely access backed up data via a browser from anywhere on the Web. Users can also restore older versions of files, since document histories are automatically maintained in your Egnyte account.
- Easy file and folder restoration for disaster recovery
- Easily restore files and folders with a single click of a mouse. File versioning ensures users can choose an older version of a file, if needed.
Egnyte HybridCloud integrates with multiple business cloud applications to provide a full range of file accessibility. This Egnyte ecosystem enhances the accessibility of existing business applications. Users can access files in their Egnyte account from any of the following integrations:
- QuickOffice – QuickOffice integration allows users to access, edit and save documents on their mobile devices. Users can directly access files stored in their Egnyte account within the QuickOffice file management system. Available with all plans (available to Employee licenses/Power Users only).
- Google Docs – Google Docs integration allows users to view and access cloud files in one centralized location. Users can preview and edit files on Google Docs and then save them directly to their Egnyte account. Available with all plans.
- Salesforce.com ** – Salesforce integration allows users to work directly within Salesforce.com and seamlessly use Egnyte as their document repository. As users store and manage files associated with leads, opportunities and contacts, these files are stored in Egnyte. Available with Enterprise plans.
- Outlook ** – Outlook integration allows users to securely send files and folders as links or attachments directly from Outlook. Available with Enterprise plans.
Egnyte domains can be configured to reflect a consistent brand to employees, customers and business partners. Administrators can customize the access URL, look and feel of the website, header logos and footers, and templates of messages that are sent out. Egnyte also allows administrators to set up company mail servers for sending messages.
- Customize the look and feel
- Upload the company logo and customize the color scheme for Egnyte domain pages.
- Tailor the domain name
- It is easy to provide users with a familiar URL to access the company's Egnyte domain. Egnyte enables administrators to specify a fully-qualified domain. For example, the default access URL can be modified from xyzcompany.egnyte.com to fileshare.xyzcompany.com. The domain name provided will also be used consistently in emails sent from the company's Egnyte account for sharing file links. There is a minimal one-time charge.
- Customized messages
- Egnyte allows customized messages to be sent to business partners and customers when inviting them to share files, and provides the means to set up company-specific message templates.
- Use your company mail server
- Egnyte sends out email notifications to users informing them of new file additions, etc. By default, these notifications are sent from the Egnyte mail server. These messages may be sent out from the company mail server instead. Administrators can specify the company mail server settings. Egnyte will then integrate with the mail server to send email messages/alerts from the company mail system.
- Quickly search through large amounts of files
- Egnyte has powerful search capabilities, allowing users to quickly find and retrieve any file based on a wide-variety of search techniques, such as keywords, find similar files and file name match.
- Full indexing of files
- The Egnyte Cloud File Server fully indexes all uploaded files for easy search and retrieval with the web browser interface.
- Keyword, file name and tag search
- Find files based on automatically extracted and indexed full-text content and file names.
Egnyte provides world-class customer support at no additional charge. Contact our knowledgeable support team 24x7 via email or by phone Mon - Fri, 8am-6pm PST (650-265-4058).
- Premium support **
- With the Enterprise plan, which includes premium support, requests and issues receive the highest priority. Enterprise plan users can also include the option of a dedicated support specialist for an additional charge.
- Extensive knowledge base
- Find instant answers to your questions in our extensive knowledgebase.
- Video library
- The library of training videos helps users and administrators get up to speed quickly.
- Egnyte Data Migration Services
- Egnyte offers an optional service to migrate large amounts of data from existing computers, servers, storage devices or another online service to the Egnyte Cloud File Server.
** Included only with Enterprise Plan.